How to clean the dryer in 8 steps
Dirt and lint accumulate in the dryer over time, which can affect its performance. Cleaning the dryer regularly will help keep it running smoothly and efficiently. Here are a few tips on how to clean the dryer:
1. Unplug the dryer before beginning any cleaning.
2. Use a vacuum with a brush attachment to remove lint from the lint trap, vent and around the dryer drum.
3. Wipe down the inside of the dryer drum with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or residue.
4. Clean the exterior of the dryer with a mild detergent.
5. Vacuum any lint from the dryer vent and ductwork.
6. Inspect the vent and ductwork for any blockages or damage.
7. Replace any damaged or missing parts before using the dryer again.
8. Plug the dryer back in and test it to make sure it is working properly.
Following these tips will help keep your dryer running smoothly and efficiently. Regular cleaning will also extend the life of your dryer. If you have any questions about how to clean the dryer, or if you need to replace any parts, please consult your owner’s manual or contact a qualified appliance technician.